Peonies for the planet!
We are a London Living Wage accredited employer.
We’re on a mission to be the first plastic free florist and are committed to managing our environmental impact beyond legal and regulatory requirements.
Here's where we've got to so far.....
- We use compostable eco paper tape instead of plastic sticky tape
- Gardenia branded ribbon is made from 100% recycled used plastic bottles (and can be returned to us for re-use)
- We use home compostable handtie bags (including 100% cotton handles)
- We use Nutscene natural twine, which is home compostable and made by traditional methods in Scotland.
- Our real rubber bands made from sustainable and renewable resources and are home compostable
- We use home compostable sleeves made from FSC-certified paper to wrap flowers for display in pavement buckets, instead of plastic sleeves.
- Our gel packs (with a green leaf symbol) are made from recycled resources and, in turn, are recyclable
- Our signature wrapping paper is manufactured in the UK, made from FSC certified paper and is home compostable
- From November 2021, we will be using Nature Flex film sheets instead of plastic sheets, these are 100% home compostable and are manufactured in the UK.
- 100% of our waste is recycled (zero to landfill)
- 2 out of 3 of our flowery delivery vans are ULEZ compliant
- We partner with DPD for our nationwide deliveries. DPD are on a mission to be the greenest delivery company on the planet.
- Royal Flora Holland has initiated mandatory environmental registration and certification as a requirement to supply the market place.