Peonies for the planet!
We are a London Living Wage accredited employer.
We’re on a mission to be the first plastic free florist and are committed to managing our environmental impact beyond legal and regulatory requirements.
Here's where we've got to so far.....
- We use biodegradable eco paper tape instead of sellotape
- Gardenia branded ribbon is made from recycled plastic bottles (and can be returned to us for re-use)
- 100% of our waste is recycled (zero to landfill)
- We use compostable handtie bags (including handles)
- We use compostable string and rubber bands made using latex from natural renewable resources.
- We use FSC-certified, recyclable paper sleeves to wrap flowers for display in pavement buckets, instead of plastic sleeves.
- We use compostable gel packs
- Our flowery delivery van is ULEZ compliant
- We partner with DPD for our nationwide deliveries. DPD are on a mission to be the greenest delivery company on the planet.
- Royal Flora Holland has initiated mandatory environmental registration and certification as a requirement to supply the market place.