Work for Gardenia
Job title: Customer Service/Retail Assistant (full-time including weekends - overtime required during Christmas, Valentines & Mother’s Day peaks)
Start date: As soon as possible
Location: Wimbledon Village
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and operationally focussed florist with excellent customer service skills to join our small but busy team.
About the role:
Customer service and administration
- Taking customer orders accurately with careful attention to detail over the phone, in store and by email
- Responding to customer enquiries over the phone, in store and by email
- Booking and liaising with delivery partners
- Managing our own delivery team
- Serving walk in customers
- Preparing orders for delivery and collection
- Making a range of bouquets to sell in the shop
- Conditioning and pricing flowers
- Merchandising the shop displays (inside and out)
- Opening and closing the shop as part of a team (including cashing up)
- Opportunity to be involved in floral workshops, event installations and plenty of on the job training.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong customer service experience and skills
- An organised approach and operational focus
- Retail and floristry experience preferred
- Flexibility around peak periods such as Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day and Christmas
About Gardenia of London: Gardenia of London is an independent, family-run florist business - we’re a small team with a big heart. We have a busy shop in Wimbledon Village and a rapidly growing online business as well as working with third party aggregators. We deliver our beautiful bouquets locally and nationwide as well as creating bespoke arrangements for weddings, events and funerals. Our florists use their expertise and individual style to create arrangements that stand out from the crowd. We’re now in our 21st year and busier than ever, so we’re looking to grow our team.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a cover letter telling us why you would like to work for Gardenia to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 3rd March.