Work for Gardenia
Job title: Junior Florist (full-time including weekends - overtime required during Christmas, Valentines & Mother’s Day peaks)
Company Name: Gardenia of London
Location: Wimbledon Village
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and operationally focussed junior florist with excellent customer service skills and retail experience to join our small but busy team.
About the role:
- Preparing orders for delivery, collection and walk in customers
- Making a range of bouquets to sell in the shop
- Conditioning flowers
- Stock rotation
- Assisting with wedding and event flowers
- Creating well organised and enticing shop displays (indoor and outdoor)
- Ensuring all products are clearly labelled and priced
- Serving walk in customers with your full attention, adding value and up-selling as appropriate
Customer service and administration
- Taking customer orders accurately with careful attention to detail over the phone, in store and by email
- Responding to customer enquiries over the phone, in store and by email
- Resolving customer issues to a positive resolution
- Building relationships with regular customers
- Booking and liaising with delivery partners
- Organising our own delivery team
Opening and closing the shop as part of a team (including cashing up)
Opportunity to be involved in floral workshops, event installations and plenty of on the job training.
- 1+ years floristry experience essential
- Retail experience preferred
- Strong customer service experience and skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- An organised approach and operational focus
- Flexibility around peak periods such as Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day and Christmas
About Gardenia of London
Gardenia of London is an independent, family-run florist business - we’re a small team with a big heart. We have a busy shop in Wimbledon Village and a rapidly growing online business as well as working with third party aggregators. We deliver our beautiful bouquets locally and nationwide as well as creating bespoke arrangements for weddings, events and funerals. Our florists use their expertise and individual style to create arrangements that stand out from the crowd. We’re now in our 21st year and busier than ever, so we’re looking to grow our team.
We are a London Living wage employer.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a cover letter telling us why you would like to work for Gardenia to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 10th September.